Advert No. 4/ 2016 - Chief Trade Development Officer (Internal), Job Group ‘M’- 26 Posts
- Hits: 1554
Salary Scale: Kshs.41,590 x 2,070 – 43,660 x 2,220 – 45,880 x 2,310 – 48,190 x 2,400 – 50,590 x 2,550 – 53,140 x 2,700 – 55,850 p.m.
House Allowance - 25,334
Commuter Allowance - 8,000
Leave Allowance - 6,000
Terms of Service - Permanent and Pensionable
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served for a minimum period of eight (8) years, three (3) of which should have been at the grade of Trade Development Officer I, Job Group “K” or in a comparable and equivalent position in the Public Service;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce, Marketing, Business Administration, Business management, Entrepreneurship Economics, International Trade/Business/Relations or comparable qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya; and
- Demonstrated professional competences and outstanding administrative and managerial capability in Trade Development Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail; Compiling and analyzing economic and trade related data; disseminating business information; facilitating trade promotion activities; promoting entrepreneurial culture, growth, development and graduation of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs); undertaking market intelligence for trade development; providing training, consultancy and extension services on trade issues; preparing background papers and briefs on trade issue; participating in trade fairs and exhibitions; providing information on government policies for trade promotion and development; conducting surveys and mapping of various business activities; sensitizing the business community on sources of credit available to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs); carrying out inspection of Joint Loan Board(JLB) activities and preparing reports; initial setting up of business information and solution centers; and mobilizing the business community to participate in trade fairs and exhibitions.
In addition, duties and responsibilities at this level will involve: participating in initial drafting of position and concept papers; sensitizing the business community on sources of business financing available; responding to Parliamentary questions, intra and inter ministerial liaison on trade matters; facilitating settlement of trade disputes; and responding to public complaints and customer care issues.
- Candidates should not attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form (Download application form PSC 2 (Revised 2016)).
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview and Head of Department Recommendation (PSC 2A form).
The Completed application form, together with certified copies of certificates should reach
THE PRINCIPAL SECRETARY
MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY TRADE AND COOPERATIVES
STATE DEPARTMENT OF TRADE
P. O Box 30430- 00100
hand delivery to Telposta towers, Kenyatta Avenue, 14th floor, HRM Registry, on or before 24th January 2017.