Advert No. 1/ 2016 - Assistant Director, Internal Trade, Job Group 'P' - 17 Posts
- Hits: 1675
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 77,527 x 3,877 – 81,404 x 4,070 – 85,474 x 4,274 – 89,748 x 4,487 – 94,235 x 4,712 – 98,947 x 4,947 – 103,894 p.m.
House Allowance - 43,334
Commuter Allowance - 12,000
Leave Allowance - 10,000
Terms of Service - Permanent and Pensionable
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Served for a minimum period of twelve (12) years, three (3) of which should have been at the grade of Chief Trade Development Officer Job Group “M” and above;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce, Marketing, Business Administration, Business management, Entrepreneurship, Economics, International Trade/Business/Relations or its equivalent qualifications from a University recognized in Kenya ; and
- Demonstrated professional competence and outstanding administrative and managerial capability in trade development services.
NOTE: Possession of a relevant Masters degree from a university recognized in Kenya will be considered an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level may be deployed at the Trade Department headquarters or at the county level. Duties and responsibilities at the headquarters will entail:-monitoring and evaluating trade activities and programmers; analyzing and interpreting reports and field returns; monitoring the impact of trade practices and making recommendations; undertaking research and market intelligence; participating in the preparation of the national business mapping directory; preparing briefs and position papers; interpreting and analyzing the Joint Loan Board (JLB) quarterly returns and periodic inspections reports; promoting activities of Public Private Sector Partnership for trade development; coordinating the development of wholesale hubs/whole sale markets and tier 1 retail markets in the distribution value chain; coordinating preparation of individual work plans; facilitating the settlement of trade disputes and address to public complaints/customer care issues; and undertaking business counseling and consultancy services.
Duties and responsibilities at the county, will entail:-advising the county Monitoring and Evaluation Committee on matters of trade; coordinating and implementing trade policies; administering the Joint Loan Board (JLB) Scheme; identifying business opportunities in the domestic market; undertaking research; carrying out market intelligence for trade development; monitoring and evaluating trade activities and programmes; and facilitating cross border trade; promoting public-private sector partnership; promoting entrepreneurial venture creation, growth and development; graduating Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs); selecting and prioritizing the development of wholesale hubs/whole sale markets and tier 1 retail markets in the distribution value chain; analyzing county reports, returns, and business mapping data; and undertaking intra and inter ministerial liaison on trade matters for trade development.
Other duties will include facilitating the settlement of trade disputes of trade disputes; responding to public complaints/ customer care issues; monitoring the impact of trade practices and making recommendations; and undertaking business counseling and consultancy services.
- Candidates should not attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form (Download application form PSC 2 (Revised 2016)).
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview and Head of Department Recommendation (PSC 2A form).
The Completed application form, together with certified copies of certificates should reach
THE PRINCIPAL SECRETARY
MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY TRADE AND COOPERATIVES
STATE DEPARTMENT OF TRADE
P. O Box 30430- 00100
hand delivery to Telposta towers, Kenyatta Avenue, 14th floor, HRM Registry, on or before 24th January 2017.