Extension Support Services Division
- State Department of Co-peratives
- Hits: 5292
Mr. Philip Gichuki
Head of Extension Services
To have an innovative, competitive and member focused cooperative movement.
To offer consultancy and management services that will steer growth and development of Cooperative Sector for members to realize maximum benefits.
- Offering advisory and consultancy services to the Co-operative Movement on development of accounting, entrepreneurship and Management.
- Capacity building to the cooperative enterprises and cooperative technical officers
- Empowering members to understand and apply the Co-operative Societies Act and Co-operative Development Policies;
- Identification of opportunities for co-operatives to participate in the industrialization process, acquisition of required capital and value addition;
- Facilitation of dialogue between stakeholders on how to create a sustainable co-operative structure;
- Ensuring compliance with provisions of the co-operative societies Act;
- Disseminating relevant information on the development of co-operatives.
- Facilitated the restructuring of District Cooperative Unions;
- Facilitated preparation and implementation of Business Plans and Strategic Plans in selected Cooperative Unions
- Coordinated the smooth transition of cooperative officers to the County Governments
Programmes being Undertaken:
Restructuring of the following:
- Machakos Co-operative Union
- Kirinyaga Co-operative Union
- Nyeri Co-operative Union
- Masaba Co-operative Union
- Restructuring and capacity building for cooperative enterprises in cotton and livestock areas;
- Facilitate restructuring of key cooperative enterprises especially county and sub-county cooperative unions;
- Enhance linkages between the County and Ministry through strengthening of County Cooperative fora.